Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

I really wasn't too fond of this book. It started out ok enough, but I was expecting more of a murder investigation instead of a girl watching her friends and family grow up without her. Many of the characters seemed flat to me, probably because we are only seeing what Susie sees instead of knowing what the actual characters think.

SPOILER ALERT:

I'm also not happy that justice is never really served for Mr. Harvey. It would have been much more satisfying for him to have been found earlier on instead of just dying by accident at the end.  About halfway through the book, I really quit caring about the characters because of their one-dimensionless.

I'm just not quite understanding why there was so much hype around this book a few years ago.



Rating 2/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment