Friday, January 13, 2012

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Just finished Girl With the Dragon Tattoo earlier today. I'm still not quite sure what I think about it.
(Spoilers Follow---Caution Caution Caution):



I liked the majority of the plot, and while part of the ending was satisfying, I wasn't sure how I felt about the convenient ending of Martin Vanger. I wish we could have seen him brought to justice. I found the characters quite intriguing, I think Salander was my favorite, I'm interested to learn more about her past, hopefully the second book (which I just started) will let us know more. I didn't really care for Berger much, and wished that Henrik would have had a more interesting role in the second half of the book. I liked the writing style, I found the book quite engaging and would definitely rank it as one of my favorites.

Rating: 5/5

4 comments:

  1. I read this book for the 2010 challenge. Although it's a little slow at first, I really liked it overall. In fact I read all three books of the trilogy (I noticed that you had the second on your bookshelf) and really liked them. If you are interested I have reviews of them on my blog, but I can't guarantee that there are no spoilers.

    I also saw that you are doing the cooking thing as well. I had a similar resolution, although I'm not currently blogging about it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keith, I'll go check out your blog, I'm always looking for more books to add to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I found this book SO slow at first. In fact, I began reading it and gave it up for probably 6 months! However, once I made it further into the book, I was intrigued. So much so that I watched the whole trilogy on Netflix... the subtitled ones! I have yet to read books 2-3. I couldn't help myself from watching the movies first. I was too impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book last spring but it's one of those novels that really stuck with me. I want to read the rest of the series to find out what else the main characters get into.

    It's so sad that the author died before he got to see his work skyrocket to the top of the best seller list.

    ReplyDelete