Friday, January 6, 2012

Smoky Three-Bean Chili Recipe Review

I made Smoky Three-Bean Chili last night and was wonderfully surprised. I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of beans---the texture is a problem for me. But my husband likes them, and wanted to try this recipe. I followed the recipe, omitting the celery (neither of us are a fan), and using 1 can of northern beans in place of 1 of the kidney bean cans. I had mine with some shredded cheese tossed in as well as a cornbread muffin crumbled in. I think that made the difference for me, as it hid the bean texture. I liked how I didn't have to do much prep for this recipe, and didn't have to babysit it as it cooked on the stove.

Rating: 5/5
Would I make it again? Definitely.


Sorry I didn't get a picture of it, I'll try to be better about that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment