Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recipe Review: Skillet Chicken Divan

Last night I made Skillet Chicken Divan from the Pillsbury Savvy Shoppers Cookbook.
Recipe can be found here.

I used turkey breast instead of chicken (turkey was a better price), and used fresh broccoli instead of frozen. I also used white rice instead of brown as I was out of brown.

The recipe was ok, it was a bit bland, and the broccoli wasn't very soft (but that might be because I used fresh broccoli). I think if I make this again I'll cook the rice and broccoli separate from the chicken and maybe use some cumin or chili pepper on the rice to give it a bit more flavor.

I had the leftovers earlier today, and I am happy to say that they survived the fridge well. 


Overall rating: 3/5

Would I make it again? Yes, with the modifications outlined above.

No comments:

Post a Comment